Hair transplantation is the technique of transplanting hair follicles (grafts) taken from the hairy area, extending from the upper edge of both ears to the starting point of the nape, to the spilled areas. It is a dangerous procedure that must be done by doctors. Today, when there is a great aesthetic concern, hair has an important visual role. As a result, you should prioritize hair care and hair health. Hair transplant, one of the most popular cosmetic procedures today, should not be limited to appearance only. It is important in the success rate of the operation that you do not prefer places called under the stairs in order to have a safe application, to be knowledgeable and to be cheaper. Yoo Retouch clinic, which is one of the best clinics in hair transplantation, is one of the most preferred clinics with the high satisfaction rate it provides to its patients. Although the techniques are complex, the treatments should be done by professionals and clinics with a background in both health and aesthetics, sterilization settings in appropriate places and should be personalized. In this context, an issue that should be kept in mind by individuals considering hair transplantation is that the treatment is performed by competent and experienced professionals in hospitals or surgical medicine clinics.
Before having a hair transplant, you should evaluate all options and gather information about the entire surgery. Before you have a hair transplant, you can get wrong information from your environment and social networks. As a result, it is important to get expert advice on hair transplantation. It is important to remember that many factors affect the result of hair transplantation. Many factors such as graft quality, shedding, donor area density, age, dietary habits, alcohol and smoking affect the success of hair transplantation. First of all, you need to calculate how much hair transplantation is required to achieve a suitable result in hair transplantation. You can start by accurately determining its current span. This examination should be carried out appropriately and communicated to the individual in a clear and understandable manner. In general, the following should be considered before hair transplantation;
- If possible, you should stop smoking one week before surgery. If you can’t, you should try to cut it. Remember that smoking will slow down the healing process.
- You should stay away from alcohol one week before the procedure.
- Coffee and caffeinated beverages should be avoided.
- You should stop drinking green tea one week before your hair transplant.
- You should inform the doctors who will do the hair transplant about the medications you use for chronic (diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.) or acute ailments.
- Stop using anticoagulants (heparin, aspirin, comadin, etc.) and multivitamins one week before the procedure. These drugs can cause an increase in bleeding.
- Stop using medication and lotion on your scalp and hair one month before the procedure.
- Wash your hair before the procedure and avoid using hair styling or hardening products such as gels or sprays.
- Don’t forget to have breakfast before your hair transplant treatment. If your procedure is in the afternoon, you should have a small meal before you arrive.
- Wear comfortable clothes that will not rub against your head while putting on and taking off while coming to the operation. The most comfortable option is to wear a shirt.
- Be careful not to drive after hair transplantation. As a result, if you are going a significant distance to the surgery, it will be better to have someone with you.
Hair transplantation has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. Men and women with sparse hair who do not want to deal with the problem of shedding, want permanent results, are not satisfied with their existing hair and want to tighten it, have chosen to have a hair transplant and wanted a quick solution. Although the process is long and difficult, it is not so for the transplant recipient. After hair transplantation, there are things that the person should pay attention to and use. In addition to the items he will use, he can get extra help from the clinic depending on the person’s request. Apart from care and patience, the individual will have no problems. Time and procedure are very important in hair transplantation. It should be remembered that it all depends on patience, hair grows over time. Over time, we observe an increase of 30% in the first three months, 60% in the sixth month, and 100% after one year. Of course, age, metabolic structure, hereditary variables, additional care, lifestyle and professional help at the institution affect the speed and quality of hair growth.
Things to Do After Hair Transplant
The first few days after hair transplantation are very important because it involves the process of attaching and fusing the hair transplants to their new places. In the first days of this procedure performed with the Fue technique, the nape area (donor area) did not heal and the holes opened with the micro motor method heal on the upper part of the head. Briefly, the first three days are known as the rest period. All specialists at Yoo Retouch health center will give you detailed information after hair transplantation. However, you should also consider the following items:
- The body should rest and the time spent at home should be given priority.
- There may be discomfort and medications should be used regularly.
- There should be absolutely no friction in the planted area.
- The head must be protected and not subjected to any impact.
- The amount of fluid consumed is important, it is recommended to drink 2 liters of water every day.
- You should always stay away from the sun, as the sun can damage the grafts in the transplanted area. Avoid sun exposure if possible.
- The washing procedure should start on the third day. Your hair transplant clinic will do the first two washes. After that, you must complete it within three days according to the guidelines.
- Avoid alcohol, sexual activity and caffeinated beverages.
- If you are going out, you should definitely wear a soft hat.
- There may be pain due to edema and swelling these days. You should drink plenty of water and take painkillers in between.
- The way you lie in bed is really important. The transplanted area should not be rubbed against the pillow while lying down. There is no problem in rubbing the nape area with the pillow.
After the critical stage, the rest period is replaced by the start of work and the usual daily chores. Of course there is still a danger between the fourth and the fifteenth day, but it is lower. Among these days, the following points should be noted:
- Rain and other forms of precipitation should be avoided.
- Heavy sports should be avoided. If you are going to do sports, light walks can be done.
- Cutting and dyeing hair should be avoided. This process should be delayed a little longer.
- Generally, buttoned clothes should be preferred as they are easier to put on and take off. This way you avoid friction.
- Although there are progress, applications such as Turkish bath, sauna, solarium should not be done today.
- Since washing the hair will be important at this time, towel rubbing should not be used for drying. Drying should be done naturally or by pressing lightly.
- There will be crusts to fall. Care must be taken to allow these crusts to fall off naturally. The crusting will decrease with each wash and will end within this time.
- You can return to work, but you should avoid activities that will tire you during the day.
- You must avoid a blow. Because the hair follicles are not fully connected yet.
Painful procedures are mostly abandoned and hair follicles are involved. Since the 16th day, many transactions have taken place. However, there are several factors to consider in this procedure.
- Your sexual relations can now return to normal. Again, the head should be protected from impacts.
- Bodybuilding sports should not be started as it will increase head pressure.
- Alcohol should be avoided. You can drink it after a month.
- Activities such as football, basketball and volleyball should be avoided after head trauma.
- Running and light sports can be done.
- Hairdressing services such as dyeing, blow-drying, shaping should not be done.
- It is preferable not to start smoking, but if you really need to start, it is okay to smoke 2 or 3 times a day.
The final stage has been reached and a significant part of the recovery has been completed. After that the appearance will develop gradually and after 1 year the final look will appear.
- Now you can wash your hair regularly and using your own shampoo.
- The transplanted hair will start to grow, but the shock will start to fall out; Be very careful with this process.
- You should provide a good level of nutrition as it is a factor affecting the result.
- We recommend that you use the drugs and shampoos recommended by your doctor. Because it will affect the result.
- It will be more accurate to shape your hair according to the hair style planted while cutting.
- Hair transplant results will be fully ready within a year. Don’t worry right away in 5 or 6 months.
What is the First Wash, What Does It Do?
The first point to be mentioned about washing after hair transplantation, which has a very important place among the things to be considered after hair transplantation; It is correct to have hair transplantation in the clinic where hair transplantation treatment is applied, but the first wash can be done at home if the necessary hygiene conditions are provided. Hair transplantation is undoubtedly a therapy approach that should be done very carefully both before and after the procedure. As a result, washing after hair transplantation, which is a very important stage of hair transplantation, should be studied. In order to prevent damage to the newly transplanted hair follicles, the following points should be considered in the first wash after hair transplantation.
In general, this issue should be considered in all procedures performed after hair transplantation. The primary purpose of washing is to nourish and strengthen the hair follicles by removing the crusts formed due to the blood clot formed during the procedure and the body fluid that supports healing and tissue development in the injured area.
During washing and drying, pressure or rubbing should not be applied to sensitive hair follicles, and substances that may damage hair follicles should be avoided. Hair follicles should not be left wet after washing, drying should be done with a soft towel or hair dryer in order not to damage the hair follicles. When using a hair dryer, the blowing speed should be set to the lowest setting and the device should be kept at least 30 cm away from the hair. Drying should be done from a safe distance. As stated in the previous paragraphs, the first wash after hair transplantation can be done at home if the necessary conditions are met; however, at this point, the advice of experts is combined with the fact that the whole process should be carried out under the supervision of a doctor and should be done in hair transplant centers. As a result, even if the washing process is done at home, patients should follow the instructions of the physician about the washing method.
What is Shock Shedding During Hair Transplantation?
Hair loss has become a common condition in both men and women, and those who suffer from it seek a hair transplant. Hair can be damaged and separated from its roots for various reasons, which negatively affects people’s lives and even their psychology. Hair loss can be controlled over time by addressing any underlying issues. With today’s advanced technologies, various procedures have been created for hair transplantation that give excellent results for patients. Hair transplantation is a hair transplantation technique using special tipped pens from the nape to the bald areas. DHI and FUE procedures are frequently used in hair transplantation and are popular with patients. Hair transplant results is a one-time situation known as shock shedding. Shock shedding is the temporary shedding of hair strands from the transplanted hair follicles. After every hair transplant, there is a situation known as shock shedding, which is completely natural. It is between 1-3 months after hair transplantation and completes the process in 2 weeks. Although it is a completely natural procedure, patients do not need to worry.